Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Music Review for Chevelle - Sci-Fi Crimes

Chevelle's newest CD, Sci-Fi Crimes was released on August 31, 2009. The CD is the fifth in line from this Chicago trio and the follow-up from their 2007 CD, Vena Sera. Sci-Fi Crimes was recorded in Nashville,TN, this year with Brian Virtue and Chevelle as co-producers. The CD was released under the Epic Records label. Chevelle consists of Pete Loeffler- lead vocals/guitar, Sam Loeffler- drums and Dean Bernardini-bass.
I must confess first off, to being a major fan of the band but I will try to give an unbiased review.
Sci-Fi crimes is a heavy hitting, dark, full-on-assault of all the senses! Pete Loeffler gives it to his fans in pure 'Chevelle' form once again, using metaphors in the lyrics that are deep and thought provoking. I heard a little of every previous Chevelle CD, in Sci-Fi Crimes and was very pleased with it as a whole. It took me back to that world I love so much...the world of alternative music. If you have never given these guys a listen, you definitely should. The band works really hard to satisfy and never disappoints! Being a fan myself, I can tell you that once you get these guys in your system be warned...There will be no getting them out. This CD was worth the wait and it will only make me run faster to grab tickets to their next venue. Keep in mind these guys are not for the faint of heart, so consult a physician before you start a 'Chevelle' regimen for the first time. ENJOY!
C.K.Webb

1 comment:

Robert E Crull said...

Nicely done. My son is a fan but I have not taken the chance to listen yet. Now though I think that I will.

Keep up the awesome reviews. I would be interested to see what you had to say about Chickenfoot www.chickenfoot.us.

Thanks for the tireless efforts.