Friday, October 9, 2009

Movie Review for 'Lies And Illusions' - rated R


Lies and Illusions was released on DVD on September 29, 2009, and was directed by Tibor Takacs. The movie stars Christian Slater as Wes Wilson, Cuba Gooding Jr. as Isaac, Sara Ann Schultz as Samantha and Christina Campbell as Nicole.
Wes Wilson is a first-time novelist who's book, 'How To Find Love In The 21st Century', is topping all the best seller lists. Wes is also engaged to be married to the girl of his dreams. Everything seems perfect in Wes' life until his fiance' is kidnapped and presumed dead. Soon Wes meets Isaac, played by Gooding Jr., who claims that Wes' fiance', Samantha stole 10 million dollars worth of diamonds from him and guess what? He wants them back! Now Wes is faced with the harsh reality that everything Samatha had ever told him was a lie.
Let me just stop right here so you won't get the impression that this is actually a good movie. It was almost painful for me to watch Lies And Illusions because I am such a huge fan of Slater and Gooding. The acting is below B-flick and the camera angles are reminiscent of home movies shot by a shaky mom. Toss in the ultra-cheesy special affects and what's left over is Lies And Illusions. If you find yourself at the video store standing in front of this movie, please walk away quickly! If you will not heed my advice, you would be better off by simply walking in the store, handing the kid behind the counter $3 and walking out empty handed. I am only giving Lies And Illusions a 1-spider rating. Half a spider for Christian Slater and half for Cuba Gooding Jr. And trust me when I tell you...I am being generous!
CK Webb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this awful movie and I agree with you. Why did they waste time filming it? Ugh...