Thursday, December 10, 2009

Movie Review for Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince - Rated PG


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was directed by David Yates and released in theatres on July 15, 2009. It was released on DVD December 08, 2009. The movie stars Danielle Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) as the young trio of friends attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Since the murder of Sirius Black and the escape of the Death Eaters from Azcaban Prison, no one is safe. Wizards, witches and muggles alike are being terrorized by the Death Eaters and their seemingly misguided dedication to Lord Voldemort. When professor Albus Dumbledore once again asks Harry Potter for his help, the search begins for a missing memory that is key to Voldemort's existence and also to his destruction.
While searching for the missing memory, Harry inadvertently comes across a 'potions book' once owned by The Half-Blood Prince, but who is he? A series of vicious attacks aimed at the now aging Dumbledore prompt Harry, Hermione and Ron to search out the Half-Blood Prince and try, yet again to uncover the one thing that will rid the wizardry world of Voldemort forever. But they will suffer great loss along the way and no one will be the same after they find what they seek.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is, of course, visually stunning and yet I found myself wanting more as the credits rolled. This is not the Harry PotterI have grown to expect and the supporting character's rolls were dull and lackluster. The lead characters did do their very best to save the film and it is for that reason, and that reason alone that I long to see the two final movies.
I must say that I was slightly disappointed by this film, however my children enjoyed it immensely. I am quite sure that lovers of the Harry Potter series will want to see The Half Blood Prince, as they should, in order to continue on with the series' storyline. I can only hope that the next Harry Potter movie doesn't leave me asking 'What Happened?' and that the story I have grown to love returns to the big screen. I am sadly giving Harry Potter and the Half -Blood Prince a 3-spider rating and am doing so in hopes of better things to come. Please Harry, don't let me down!
CK Webb

4 comments:

Kay Dew Shostak said...

I want to see it again, since I was hoping my disappointment in the theater was the little girl talking to her mother all the way through. (I should've moved, but kept thinking I could ignore it - stupid I know.)
But I was left feeling the characters weren't all they should and could have been. Thanks for the review.

Abbi said...

I was disappointed too but then I will buy the movie because I am a Harry Potter freak. The book was so much better and I don't think people who did not read the book will actually GET it. Anyway great review thanks!

Admin of 7tavern said...

Hi CK Webb & DJ Weaver,

We've browsed through your reviews and thought that they are really original and interesting! We would like to invite you to publish your reviews on 7tavern.com, which provides an alternative platform for promising movie reviewers to showcase their talents. Based on the merit of your reviews, we believe that you would be an exceptional addition to our community.

Please feel free to contact us to discuss how you could become a 7tavern reviewer. =)

Cheers,
7tavern Team
admin@7tavern.com

Author Luke Romyn said...

I really just want to once again say how awesome you guys are. Love your reviews and love you too.

Luke