Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Independent Film Review of 'Intolerable Questions' by David Baeumler

Intolerable Questions is a collection of short films by independent film maker and writer David Baeumler. Intolerable Questions is available for purchase at http://www.amazon.com/ and you can visit David's website http://www.sometimesonsundays.com/ to read more about this talented man and his endeavours.
David's short films have played at many film festivals the world over such as The Los Angeles Film Festival, Bennial of Moving Images, Geneva, Anthology Film Archives, NYC and VideoEX, Zurich. When we were asked to review a collection of independent films, I jumped at the opportunity. This is a first for WebbWeaver but I am hopeful it will not be our last. There are several short films included on the disc and every one comes with its very own unique message and voice. I fell in love with the short film Kuboa and found it haunting and beautifully written and narrated. I Cannot Understand You is quirky and fresh and I laughed out loud a couple of times while watching it. Safety is deeply moving and made me question the importance of so many things including my own existence as a human being. Amazingly, I had never heard of any of these short films nor had I heard of David himself until a friend and colleague suggested I follow him on Twitter...and the rest is, shall we say, history!
I feel like I have been living under a rock, having never been to a film festival and have officially added that to my list of things to do. Thank you so much, David for not only having the artistic talent and flow to create these wonderful little films, but for giving me the opportunity to view them and love them.
I am giving Intolerable Questions a 4-spider rating and urging you to see this collection of independent films and to broaden your horizons as I intend to do. "Character is the ability to govern which thoughts become action." -David Baeumler-
CK Webb

No comments: