Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Book Review of 'Mind Walker' by Roy McConnell

Mind Walker was written by Roy McConnell and published by iUniverse in September, 2009.
Tara Ostermann is a privileged young woman who is born into a very influential Canadian family. On her 21st birthday, her father has chosen to reveal that power which makes Tara an Ostermann. She shares this power with the male ancestors in her family, with the exception of one other female, making Tara only the second woman in the Ostermann line to hold the power and she may well become the most powerful of all.
But Tara rejects the life her father is forcing on her and makes a decision to leave. Little does she know that her body guard and ex-CIA officer, Chris Landry will follow her on a journey that will lead them all over the western hemisphere, while Tara's unique abilities will help them on their quest.
This book was an absolute page turner, with suspense, intrigue, sex, love and covert military ops. at every turn. All the action kept me on the edge but the detail didn't overwhelm me. I really enjoyed Mr. McConnell's style of writing as it keeps the reader involved and interested throughout the entire book. I highly recommend this fast-paced satisfying read. Mind Walker gets 5 spiders from me.
SB Price

4 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Sounds interesting and I like something with a fast pace.

謝可妃 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Roy said...

Thanks for the feedback. I never liked reading books with too much detail so I challenge myself to write with just enough description to keep the reader in synch with the story. I also believe in honest writing. Given each of their backgrounds and the dilemna they find themselves in, Chris and Tara react the only way the can.

Roy

Roy said...

Mind Walker is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Chapters/Indigo. You can find out other places to purchase Mind Walker at www.roymcconnell.com. Click on Purchase Books tab.

Roy