Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review of 'A Perfect Gem' By Winslow Eliot





A Perfect Gem was written by Winslow Eliot and published by Telemachus Press in 2011. You may purchase this book at www.amazon.com and you may read more about Winslow on her website at www.winsloweliot.com
Crista Bruno’s husband is dead—killed in a car crash she cannot understand. With all this grief to bare, how can she stand anymore? She is about to find out her loving husband was married to another woman and he left everything they have to her. Crista then finds her New York firm wants no part of the scandal and asks her to leave the lucrative, public relations job she’s worked so hard for. To top everything off, her apartment no longer belongs to her. What is she to do?
Crista receives an email from her ailing father asking her to visit. The timing is perfect, but she reluctantly takes her kids and moves back to Tahton, the hometown she has not seen in twenty-five years. Back to the father she has not spoken to in twenty-five years—back to the man she never returned to twenty-five years ago.

Crista‘s father is suffering from Alzheimer’s and her high-school sweetheart, Gareth is now running the Tahton Market for him. How could things have changed so much? How can Crista face this town after what happened so many years ago?
Strangely, Crista receives a request from Pia Bruno, her deceased husband’s wife, who is living in Italy. She has recruited Crista’s firm in New York to handle a big public relations deal for her brother and only Crista’s expertise will do. Crista is whisked away to Italy to make the deal, but things aren’t what they seem. What does this woman really want and what kind of danger is Crista facing?
Twist and turns are the order of the day in Winslow Eliot’s newest novel, A Perfect Gem. This novel starts out running and never slows down, keeping the reader turning pages and gasping for breath. The story is well crafted and easy to follow with loads of emotion, suspense, love and hate…all the good stuff that keeps us on our toes and wanting more. I have read other books from Ms. Eliot, but I must say, A Perfect Gem has been my favorite so far. It compels the reader to cheer for the heroin, while hating the bad guys in the sincerest manner of a romantic mystery. Three cheers for Winslow Eliot and A Perfect Gem.
This novel easily merits a 5 spider rating and a hardy recommendation to anyone who loves their romance with a large helping of mystery. Put this one at the top of your list!
DJ Weaver

10 comments:

J.S. Chancellor? said...

Sounds like an excellent read!!

Patrick said...

Sounds like a great book!!!!!

Eric B. Thomasma said...

I'm not usually a romance reader, but I have read Winslow's earlier work and I know this will be a great story.

winslow said...

I just read this review and am blown away! So happy! I also woke up this morning to a phone call that my beloved mom had a massive brain hemorrhage and I'm heading out to LA now to say goodbye ... She also had advanced Alzheimer's, so whatever happens, it's okay ... I don't mean to be a downer, but your kind words and this fantastic review mean the world! What a strange day.

Nona Matherne said...

WOW! Webbweaver's Review on this book really got me itching to find out more. Definitely has me interested.

Dolores Ayotte said...

Cassidy....sounds like the book for me. I am a huge romantic and I love mysteries. :)

DJ Weaver said...

So sorry to hear about your mother, Winslow. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
DJ

oden347 said...

This book has awesome cover art. An entry in a blog I love and it's endorsed by an author I truly respect. Thanks for the heads up Cassidy!

Katiesheadesign said...

Winslow,

Just finished writing to you & now I came here to read the review and see what it going on. My prayers are with you and the family.

This review is Dead on " 5 spider rating and a hardy recommendation to anyone who loves their romance with a large helping of mystery. Put this one at the top of your list!
DJ Weaver"

I myself thoroughly enjoyed this Novel and Winslow's previous Novel "Heaven Falls"

Each Novel had the same effect on me. Once I started reading I "Had" to finish the same day!
Each page turn drew me further and further into the web of mystery!

WebbWeaver's review is dead on!

5 spider rating hands down!

Anticipating and eagerly awaiting the next Novel release from Winslow Eliot!!

Kristi Nilson said...

I have read Winslow's earlier works and will rush out to find this one. She is creative and thoughtful!