Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review of 'Finding Home' by Melanie Rose

Finding Home was written by Melanie Rose and published by Bantam Books. You can purchased it at http://www.amazon.com/  and you can read more about Melanie at http://www.melanierose.co.uk/  

A woman traveling with her cat crashes in a snowstorm. She is rescued by Vincent and awakens with no memory, to his six-year-old daughter, Jadie, telling her that ‘Amber said you’d come.’ Jadie has cystic fibrosis and hasn't spoken since her sister, Amber died and her mother disappeared. ‘Kate’ as they begin to call her, is confused and has a strange attraction to Vincent. Then Adam, a neighbor farmer, shows up with Kate’s cat and Kate meets Colin who is the brother of Jadie’s caretaker. Colin is a hypnotherapist and offers to help Kate regain her memories, but should she trust him? Some strange facts begin to surface and things begin to happen.

This novel was easy to read and I really loved it. The theme to the story was ‘What if a secret in your past is the key to healing a broken family's heart?’ I wondered what this meant myself and as I read more I learned. I was drawn into the book and couldn't put it down. I found myself sad and happy for Kate as she learned more and more about herself. Ms. Rose had written a wonderful story that will make you smile.

I give Finding Home a 5 spider rating and encourage all readers of any age to pick up this book and try it.
T Lane

2 comments:

Chrissy Peebles said...

I love every genre but there's something special when a book like this touches your heart and makes you smile! : )

Fairday Morrow said...

This sounds like a special book- and I just added it to my list. It sounds so interesing. The plot and the review together made me want to pick this book up.

I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/
Also, my co-author, Stephanie, liked your fb page today. Please like us back at: http://www.facebook.com/fairday

Take care-
Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out how to fix it. :)