Sunday, October 23, 2011

Book Review of 'Web of Lies - My Life With a Narcissist' by Sarah Tate

Web of Lies – My Life With a Narcissist, is an auto-biographical novel written and published by Sarah Tate. You may purchase it at www.amazon.com and you may read more about Sarah at www.sarahtateauthor.com

Follow Sarah on an emotional roller coaster from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows as the wife of a Narcissistic man. This is a story of a young woman being swept off her feet by the man of her dreams, only to find that the life of luxury he provides is one full of stress, abuse, neglect, and lies. This auto-biography takes you through the years of Sarah’s marriage to this charismatic man, to include the births of their three children. You become emotionally invested in this story as you read further and further into the story of her life.

This story makes me think of my first marriage. It makes me think if I hadn’t gotten out as quickly as I did, how my life might have turned out so much differently. You begin to see inside the relationship, instead of seeing it from the outside-in. You begin to see the suffering one goes through privately, while trying to hold things together publicly.

This book is a very good read. In fact, I managed to read the entire book in only a couple of hours. I am really glad that Sarah found her way out of the situation she found herself in. I am also sad that other women had been and would continue to fall victim to such a man. Mental illnesses so often go undiagnosed and untreated in so many lives. This book serves to shed light on a personality disorder that will destroy the lives of people all around the individual it affects, while the actual individual continues to blame his or her misfortunes on someone else. I applaud you, Sarah, for sharing your story with the world through your book.

I’m giving this book 3½ spiders and recommending it to everyone.

SB Price

No comments: